The Gas It Up Foundation promotes diversity and inclusion in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math by recruiting promising students of diverse backgrounds like you and placement in multi-year paid internships at some of the nation’s leading and innovative companies, such as Gas It Up, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmith Kline, Merck, AT&T, and CBRE.
You are eligible to apply for a Gas It Up Foundation Internship if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
● Are a student from a low socio-economic area
● Are a graduating high school senior OR an undergraduate college student
(undergraduates graduating in Spring 2022 are eligible to apply)
● Plan to attend or are currently a student at a four-year accredited college or university
o This includes students who will transfer to a four-year accredited college or university in Spring 2022 or Fall 2022
● Have a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.75 GPA
● Are interested in pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
● Are a U.S citizen or U.S permanent resident
● Speak and write English fluently
● Are curious and willing to learn and challenge yourself
● Self-motivated and Self-discipline
If you are selected as a Gas It Up Foundation Fellow, you will have access to:
● On-the-job training from top professionals and industry executives
● Need-based academic scholarships
We look forward to receiving your application! Good luck!
WHERE DOES GAS IT UP FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP RECRUIT?
We recruit across the country. Applicants are primarily considered for internships based on their permanent residence hometown address, specifically where the student expects to reside during the summer (please indicate as “primary city”). Please be sure to use your permanent residence/hometown address as your address on the application. If you have opportunities or interest in living outside of your permanent residence, please use our “secondary cities” option to indicate where you have or can find housing. Either way, you will be expected to have reliable transportation.
We are in major markets like New York, Dallas, Detroit, and Philadelphia.
Before you apply make sure you have reviewed the internship qualification. Once you have ALL of the qualifications you then:
● Submit Online Application Form
● Have an Updated Resume
● GIUF will review various intern requests from our partners.
● GIUF will review its applicant pool to identify applicants who meet the qualifications of the request from partners.
● GIUF sends email to those applicants who qualify for further consideration. Applicants will be given a deadline to submit any additional information
● If needed, GIUF forwards applications additional information to partner
● Our partner reviews GIUF candidates and identifies those candidates that will continue in the partner company’s own interview process. Candidates whose applications are advanced are not guaranteed a partner interview.
● Our partner selects the GIUF fellows who will intern at their company. At that time, the other forwarded candidates will be notified that they were not selected.